Harmonize the dance of your life with Mother Earth’s cycles so that each movement becomes compatible with your heart and soul, so that you can offer your dance as a gift and creation of selfless beauty. Welcome to my Spring Goddess Offering…
Goddess of the Earth,
I would be so honoured if you were to join me for this two day soul inspiring yogini dance retreat for woman. This year, inaugurate Spring through devotional temple dance and yoga.
Cultivate and communicate your desire for change and fiery transformation through your own body temple. Seek and find your personal connection and divine self expression of the Spring Goddess Archetype. Tend well to the fire within your Soul, for you have been waiting and are ready now to sow your seeds of light, to create and share your beauty with the world. The ancient temple dance form that I introduce at this renewal retreat / workshop honours and respects the body as a sacred temple, while the Goddess resides within.
Over two days we focus our energy, thoughts, prayers, and dedicated efforts towards harnessing the Divine Feminine power to create positive healthful change in our lives. Hope you will join me for this beautiful intention!
The SPRING GODDESS Celebrates ~ the turning of the wheel of the year as the death and decay of winter gives way to a time of RENEWAL and REBIRTH. In ancient times many festivals were held to celebrate the Spring Goddesses who were associated with FLOWERING, GROWTH and FERTILITY of the land.
Cultivate your ability to Create. Understand the delicate balance and relationship between your time and your energy. Learn the power of routine, consistency, repetition and discipline when making efforts toward greater personal and spiritual integrity. Grow in self-confidence and your willingness to show and express your own deep feelings through movement.
It is the time of year to see more of the beauty that is within yourself, in others, and the world around you. It is also a time to tap into your own healing gifts and abilities. Dance to cultivate and appreciate your own strength, innocence, purity, inner-truth and beauty.
The following timetable for the course has been designed to maintain the continuity of practice. For getting the most benefit out of this introductory Odissi dance experience, we follow it as closely as possible… devotion + discipline = blissful and divine satisfaction!
- 8:30 – Shamanic Sound Journey; The Sacred Spiral Fire Dance
- 9 – Vinyasa Yoga + Temple Dance Warm-up
- 10 – Intro to Odissi Temple Dance Postures, Energy Isolations, and Mudras
- 10:30 – Breakfast – enjoy a light healthy snack.
- 11:30 – Ten Steps to Integrating The Divine Masculine: powerful vigorous martial art inspired movements and steps for deep cleansing, releasing, healing, transformation, and the strengthening of your body, passion, and will.
- 1 – Break for Lunch – enjoy nourishment, rest, digest, and play!
- 2:30 – Ten Steps to Integrating The Sacred Feminine: re-birthing innocence and new ways of being; explore your hips, curves, and heart chakra. Learn to soften your body, mind, and heart through movement for a swift and gentle entry into the female heart of compassion, beauty, sensuality, wisdom and grace.
- 4:30 – Yin Yoga Ceremony: touch the hidden beauty in you, quickened be your heart and opened be your soul to LOVE as you tend your inner-flame of renewed inspiration with insight and great clarity. A thoughtful, heart-felt practice to end the day.
Day ends by 5:30pm on both days.
Dress Attire: Modest. Wear mostly white if possible (and or green), light loose pant or legging for freedom of movement, longer tunic style shirt or tank top is good. Clean face and pure fabrics are recommended for health of body while detoxing through sweating. Bring extra change of clothes in case needed.